Sunday, December 30, 2007

2007\2008


It's strange, I thought that when I didn't have to work anymore that I would blog a lot. But I seem to have nothing on my mind lately. So, I'll just say a few little things.

My husband's mother has recovered well enough to be moved out of the hospital. Any American who complains about the US needs to take a trip to Mexico. They may not feel the same when they come back. There is not heat in the hospital. Apparently, the hospital was freezing. So, they brought her home so that she could be warmer. She still isn't well and will have to rest a lot. They want to move her to her daughters house, which is in Culiacan, Mexico but she isn't well enough for the trip. It would be better for her there, it is very warm in Culiacan. Tiajuana in the winter is not a good place for her to be with a lung condition.

My husband will probably be upset when he comes home because I know that he would like to be there taking care of his mother, but he just can't stay any longer.

My son came home for the holidays. He lives in Arizona. It made Christmas nice. Isn't it funny how when people in a family get together, they just seem to have a rapport that can't usually quite be found outside of family? In my family, we all have a very distinct sense-of-humor. Me and my sister have noticed that each kid in the family, once they get old enough to crack jokes starts to exhibit it. It's fun watching kids grow up.

I'm looking forward to 2008. Everything changed during 2007 but left me in a limbo. In 2008, I will get to find out what is going to happen. I have a good feeling about it! I think 2008 is going to be good! Hope yours is too!

11 comments:

Mel said...

Ah, it's going to be a VERY good year...bit by bit--wait and see!

Nothing but the bestest wishes for this leg of the journey, ma'am.
Enjoy the ride, eh?

eric1313 said...

I hope the best for your Abuela. It must be hard to deal with, especially at this time of year, but I'm glad to see that you are dealing with it as well as can be expected. You are strong, BBE!

I wish the best for you and your husband and all your family during this time of uncertainty.

Thank you once more for your kindness and words during my rough time. It's appreciated, it really is.

And a happy new year for you, one filled with wonder and self discovery.

Peace out.

BBC said...

No heat in the hospital? *rolls eyes*

I know that people go there for cancer treatments that they can't get here. And for dental work and dentures.

2007 was a typical interesting year for me, and I don't expect 2008 to be much different other than in a sense I'll be poorer because things (in general) keep going up in price. But I can do some small jobs if I need some extra money, people are always asking me to do things for them.

Most of my family pretty much sucked, I prefer extended 'family'.

I'm going away for a few days, see you next year.

Anonymous said...

"Any American who complains about the US needs to take a trip to Mexico." ive said that many times...but not exclusively mexico

by now it should be: anyone who complains should be shot

2008 will be 2008

Alan said...

I HOPE YOU HAVE A BRILLIANT START TO 2008, AND IT GOES ON FOREVER.

Mel said...

Happy, JOYOUS New Year to you, ma'am!

Chris Benjamin said...

Happy New Year and all the best to you in 08.

My friend's 8 year old son is starting to crack a lot of jokes, much like his father. It's indeed fun to watch and to share that growth with him.

Behind Blue Eyes said...

Mel-A good New Year to you as well.

Eric-Abuela is getting better, my husband is home. Hope you have a nice 2008 as well.

BBC-I'll bet the Americans don't have to stay in hospitals with no heat. Things are getting expensive. Everything is expensive. I don't know what people are supposed to do.

Winai-If we shot people who said what was on their mind, we wouldn't really be the US anymore.

Sean-The same to you, and thank you for the poem.

Benji-Hope for the best in 2008 for you as well. Kids are great!

Anonymous said...

Happy new year.

Too bad about your mother-in-law. I guess it's nice to be with your family, my brother was away in Quebec this year so Christmas seemed weird.

Behind Blue Eyes said...

Trevor-I'm so glad that my son came home.

X. Dell said...

I'm glad you saw your son, and that your mother-in-law is doing better. I would have thought that Tiajuana in the winter would still be temperate, but who knows with the increasing climate instability.

That's a weird version of "Auld Lang Syne," by the way.