Friday, July 6, 2007

In defense of being slovenly


I have a book calleld(please don't think I'm too shallow, I'm a compulsive book buyer! I wind up with some real doozies!) The Best Kept Beauty Secrets. They tell you how to give yourself home made facials etc. (And don't knock it, facials work a lot better than you think. I'm not being defensive am I?) Anyway, the masks mainly call for food products, such as milk, oatmeal, avacado, sugar and different fruit juices. The oatmeal and the sugar have abrasive qualities which will remove the top layer of skin revealing the 'fresher more youthful skin beneath' , and the milk and fruit contains various chemicals that peels off the top layer for the same reason!

So, I've been mulling over this lately for it seems that I am beginning to notice that the skin around peoples mouths doesn't seem to be as wrinkied as the rest of their skin. Perhaps I'm just imagining it, I don't know.

Well, I'm sure you know where I'm going with this: of course I'm wondering if these are people who do not wipe their mouths after they eat. My mind is kind of going wild because when I see someome with a relatively unwrinkled face I envision them with food smeared all over their faces. And the people who are wrinkled, I see them as excessively neat which in this context seems disgusting while now I am beginning to see the non-face wipers as enlightened. Strange how your persepective can change isn't it?

So, I think that I'm going to smear food all over my face when I eat and then I'm not going to wipe my face afterwards. It will keep me youthful in more ways than one. And when people think I'm revolting, well...we'll see who has the last laugh 20 years down the road.

9 comments:

Momentary Madness said...

You'll be as the song says: "dreaming of the pleasure I'm goi.....n' to have watching your hair-line recede my vain darling"
"the non-face wipers as enlightened." Perhaps you have dicovered the secret of eternal youth the "puer eternus"
So maybe smear it all over; be revolting and someone will love you for who you are and you them and ....happy ever after...you will indeed be laughing and lang may you laugh forever young.
Y;-) Paddy.

Anonymous said...

I saw a documentary about the Masai, who are an African tribal people. Their lives revolve around cows, and they are always covering their skin with milk for rituals.

You know, I didn't put two and two together at the time, but I noticed their skin looked fairly decent for people who were always out in the sun.

Chris Benjamin said...

too funny. mud or clay are also good for the old skin, and, youngening it.

Princess Banter said...

I've always heard of the oatmeal theory but never tried it... too scared to put food on my face in the event that ants and roaches decide to feast on it whilst I'm sleeping ;) Do let us know how it turned out if you tried...

Mel said...

Ah HA!

I thank you very much.....cuz this will be my comeback for a slobbery moment at the table.

:-)

X. Dell said...

(1) I read somewhere that smile-lines (wrinkles around the mouth) are related to sexual enjoyment. Maybe those people with smooth mouths aren't getting any.

(2) I would say go ahead and indulge in the facial treatment. If nothing else, you'll taste good after it's done.

(3) I've posted your tag response. Hope you don't think I'm too shallow.

eric1313 said...

The secret to graceful aging is to cultivate laughlines at the expense of frown lines. You will always be doing one or the other. Trying to smile more makes all the difference in the world between good looking elderly folks and the ones you don't want to be on the elevator with.

Cucumbers on the eyes. Scared me when I was a kid, but my aunts and mom don't look fifty at all, either. Bet you already knew that!

See you around, friend.

Behind Blue Eyes said...

paddy-Being young at heart is the secret isn't it? And perhaps food smearing would go with that.

Trevor-I've seen thinks like that too. Except I think they used cow urine. Well! Each to his own I suppose but that won't e anywhere I will go for vacation.

Benjihopper-Well, perhaps after I get done gardening (once I get a garden that is) I will stop taking a shower when I am done.

Princess-Actually, clay is my favorite. If you have had a bad day and are not feeling well, it pulls all the blood to your face and makes you look much better.

Mel-We all need excuses for things like this don't we.

x-I read your blog last night. I just haven't responded yet. shallow? Like you could ever be seen as shallow! Besides I'm halfway through a Stephen King so what room would I have to talk.
I used to have copies of all of the Books of Lists. They were some of my favorite books. I've read the John books too. But the Book of Lists was my definite favorite. They made me laugh so hard I howled.

Eric=How true. A smile can make a plain person seem beautiful too can't it. And it isn't just a trite hallmark phrase, it's really true!

X. Dell said...

BBE, I hate to say it but I have all of the Book of Lists series too.