Saturday, March 8, 2008

New Direction


Guys, I've been dissatisfied with my blog for some time. I like writing it but I don't have a lot of time for the kind of posts I set myself up to do. Then I end up feeling like I've got a homework asignment to finish or something. I'll feel it hanging over my head until, finally I'll slap it together just to get it done and the posts won't be as good as I really wanted to do. It I took the time to make them as good as I want, I would only be posting once a month or something.

I've actually thought of just discontinuing the blog but I can't, it's too much a part of my life. So, what I'm going to do is just make shorter posts that are hopefully fun but won't take so long to write. I will however, do the ESL stuff like I said that I would but don't be surprised if it takes me 6 months.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

let's stop blogging together

also, it would be a good thing so you will pay attention to your daughter rather than neglecting her

X. Dell said...

You could do shorter posts, and some of the East St. Louis stuff on the side, until you complete it or come close to.

Either way, your blog is your space, and I'm still happy to see you in cyberspace.

Behind Blue Eyes said...

Winai-I have a daughter?
X-I think that's just what I'm going to have to do or this blog is just going to end up phasing out altogether, and I don't want that to happen. I can't let it go, I'd miss everyone too much.

Anonymous said...

^ who would you miss more...admit it!

Woozie said...

Go where you lead you.

PENDULUM said...

They say the most successful blogs are short posts, and I really believe it- then why don't I do it myself- well I guess I do in a way, but I find my time taken up with reading relevant news, and posting comments, so I tend to spend as much time in the long run.
I think you've got to find a structure where by you limit yourself, and try to make sure you do the things you don't like doing as well.
I think a good idea is to look into emailing the usual commenters to your blog when you post. I think there's some kind of option on the blog settings, though I may be wrong. I think that might take the pressure off, psychologically, you know that you think they're waiting.
O, I got to go now. Hope it made sense.

Unknown said...

Nothing wrong with going in new directions. I think that's part of the blogging process if you do it long enough. I'm very close to stopping now.